THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF A KEY UP EDUCATION FIELD TRIP
Hosting a field trip with Key Up Education is an opportunity to provide the youth of today with first hand opportunities to see what STEM looks like in the "real world." The process to host is simple:
- A member of Key Up Education visits you at your facility to discuss what the day could consist of and what areas are available for student presence. By the end of the visit, you both will have a framework that will be followed without exception during the field trip. This design will be respectful of all safety requirements, company requirements, etc. Absolutely no variations to this plan will occur at any time during your field trip. If it is deemed to be more beneficial for all parties involved to hold a virtual field trip, then the discussion will be designed around the virtual presentation with a follow up visit to conduct or develop recordings for your virtual event. For more information on a virtual field trip, please contact us below.
- Your Key Up Education representative will then visit the students scheduled to tour your facility in their classroom and outline the design. During the visit, your representative will also provide an introduction to your operation, how it involves STEM, and reemphasize all safety requirements that must be followed while on the field trip.
- On the day of your field trip, students will arrive onsite and the day will progress as designed.
What type of business would qualify for a field trip opportunity?
Almost any business within the following guidelines will qualify for a field trip location:
- A connection to STEM is available. meaning any business that utilizes:
- Math of any kind, i.e. accounting, measuring of any type, data analysis, etc.
- Any type of technology programs, i.e. Microsoft Office programs of any type, EDarts, design programs of any type, etc.
- Has employees that may work as a team to solve problems or complete a task
- And more!
- The facility is such that students can maneuver effectively within the perimeters of safety set by your facility and Key Up Education.
- The facility is within traveling distance deemed appropriate by all parties involved.
- If you are in doubt, message us and we can come to your facility to assess your compatibility for a field trip. If having an onsite field trip is not possible, Key Up Education can create an online field trip option for any business wanting to open its doors and provide students with a glimpse into what they do and how it connects to what students are learning. Please use the form below if you would like to discuss this option.
How do I contact Key Up Education to host a virtual field trip
or a field trip at my business?
No matter the size, a field trip at your facility is a priceless event for all students. If you would like to open your doors for an onsite or virtual field trip, hosted by Key Up Education, please use the contact form below and let us know. It will be an event you that will be nothing short of inspiring for you and the students! We look forward to hearing from you!